- Support for all WhatsApp and iOS versions
- Recover deleted WhatsApp chats from both iTunes and iCloud backups
- Recover deleted files one by one
- Preview WhatsApp messages and media
- Recover Whatsapp photos and videos
- Export data as HTML and CSV
- Works for stolen or lost iPhones
iPhone Backup Extractor can undelete WhatsApp conversions from all iTunes and iCloud backups created over time. Each conversation is saved in a folder, along with the contact’s number. Group chats are also saved in one common folder.
If you need to restore your WhatsApp messages on an iPhone, first make a backup of your iPhone, and purchase either the Basic or Premium license. Activate your license in the app, and log into your iTunes or iCloud backups. If you have made older backups, you can recover WhatsApp messages and files from there as well.
In the app, select WhatsApp in the App view and click Extract. This will move your WhatsApp chats and files into the iPhone Backup Extractor, where you can preview them. Next, you can either recover files individually or download the entire WhatsApp backup on your computer. Read below for concrete instructions.
1. Download the iPhone Backup Extractor and connect it to the iCloud Download and install the latest version of the iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows or Mac. Sign up for a free account with us by clicking “Activate”. This will give you access to a demo account you can play with before you purchase.
In the right hand side menu, right at the bottom, there’s a "+" button. Click on it and, once again, click on the “+” button in that window to add either an iCloud account or an itunes backup.
If your iPhone or device is connected via an USB cable to your computer, the device will show up automatically in the devices list.
Select the iCloud tab and add your credentials to authenticate with your account.
For iCloud support you will need a subscription plan. Use the Premium plan if you need to obtain data from 5 devices or less.
2. Select the iCloud backup and download it
From the left tab, select the iCloud or iTunes backup you wish to explore first. It can be your most recent one or the one made before you deleted something important from WhatsApp.
From ”Categories” or “App View” check the “WhatsApp” tab and start downloading the backup.
Sometimes you may need to download multiple backups to finally find the file or chat you are looking for. IT’s important to note that the “Download” button opens a Window where you can choose the location for your extracted files. Once the download is completed, you need to open that folder yourself and go through each file.
3. Extract and recover WhatsApp data
Once downloaded, the contents of your iCloud backup can also be easily previewed using the "Preview" tab. This is especially useful for when you want to recover one deleted picture at a time from your WhatsApp conversations.
Each file can be recovered individually, whether it’s a picture or an entire conversation. You do not need to save the entire backup on your machine. You can simply extract individual files.
To save locally the entire WhatsApp backup, select the downloaded backup and click on “WhatsApp” in “Overview”. Choose to recover your messages as HTML files and find a location for data extraction. That’s it!
Attached images and videos are extracted in a separate “Data” folder. HTML files can be opened with any modern web browser.
1. For deleted WhatsApp data, use older backups generated before the data was deleted
2. For most recent data, back-up your current files before starting the data extraction process
3. If you need to preview your files, simply got to the "Preview" tab
4. For iCloud accounts protected with an additional 2FA support, use this guide.
You are currently learning about recovering and extracting WhatsApp messages and attachments from iCloud and iTunes backups.
Can we suggest other useful guides? iPhone Backup Extractor can be used for other specific data recovery including videos, images, iMessages, Notes, and any other iPhone data.