If you need to retrieve certain files from your backup and have just downloaded our iPhone Backup Extractor software, you might notice that it asks for a password of your backup. Well, this means you chose the “Encrypt iPhone backup” checkbox in the iTunes device options when you last syncronised or backed-up your iDevice. If the files you require are on your iPhone still, you need to decrypt the backup in iTunes to access them. This can be achieved by following the instructions below.
Syncronise your iPhone, iPad or iPod with Encryption turned off
- Select your iDevice in the iTunes.
- Choose the Summary screen (tab) and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Then un-select Encrypt iPhone backup (the same for iPad or iPod).
- iTunes will then prompt you to “Enter the password to unlock your iPhone backup”, enter the password you set originally
- Now synchronise your iDevice to create a non-encrypted backup.
You can simply reverse the process to encrypt your backup after extracting the files to protect your backup again.
Have you had problems retrieving data from an encrypted iTunes backup?
Need to recover your encrypted backup password?
Contact our expert recovery team and we will respond as fast as possible.
Lassen Sie uns auch Ihnen helfen. Arbeitet einwandfrei auf Mac & Windows