In our Previous article How to get the .IPSW restore file from the iOS 6 Beta DMG on a Windows PC we described how to extract the iDevice IPSW Restore file using the DMG Extractor software. Next, we thought we would provided an easy to follow guide on how to update to the iOS 6 Beta 1 via iTunes for newbies.
Install and Run iOS 6 on your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad 2 and The New iPad
- Download iOS 6 Beta – Download the iOS 6 Beta 1 firmware and make sure you downloaded the right firmware for your iDevice. For Windows users: extract the IPSW restore file from the iOS 6 Beta DMG with DMG Extractor.
- Connect iDevice to iTunes – Open up iTunes and plug your iDevice. We recommend you to use the latest 10.6.3 iTunes version from Apple.
- Create a safe iTunes backup – Before running any iOS update, perform a Backup of your iDevice.
- Keep safe backups – We recommend you to create a copy of your backup and store it in a safe place. Make sure you test the backup to see if it is OK and contains your data. You can check your backup for FREE with our iPhone Backup Extractor software.
- IPSW restore – For updating to iOS 6 Beta press Shift and then browse for Restore and select the IPSW restore file you downloaded on STEP 1. Then just click Restore.
- Make sure you hold Shift (on Windows) or Option (on Mac) when clicking Restore.
That’s it folks! You should now have successfully updated to iOS 6 Beta. Let us know if you find any iOS 6 bugs or just post below your comments on the cool new Apple iOS features.