If you're a developer and you're running a gold master release of iOS from the developer beta program, you'll know that often the gold master is binary-identical with the official release. When this is the case, there's no need to update. Sometimes, however, it's not, and there's not an obvious way to get onto the final release.
The answer calls for the classic backup, upgrade and restore. If you are not familiar with
IPSW files or this process, our instructions in our guide to downgrade your iOS apply here.
Here are the steps needed, in order:
- You should get the final release iOS
IPSWfrom Developer Center
- Download the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- If your iOS device asks to trust your computer, agree, and enter the code on your device
- Back up the device -- we'd recommend locally to iTunes, as it's quicker both to backup and restore...
Option, click "Check for Updates", and then choose your the
IPSWto restore the image to your phone... erasing its content in the process
- Restore the phone from your backup