Viewing iPhone location data using Google Earth If you're curious to see exactly what tracking information your iPhone contains, then you can follow our simple guide below to extract the location data from your iPhone and plot it on a map using the free Google Earth software. First you need to download Google Earth. This is a free download which you can find by visiting https://www.google.com/earth . Click the 'Download Google Earth 6' button and then accept the Terms to start downloading the software. Once Google Earth has been installed, download and run the iPhone Backup Extractor from www.iphonebackupextractor.com. Choose your backup and wait for a short period whilst the software analyses the backup file. At that point you'll then be able to see if there is any location data available to extract from that backup file. If so, click the 'Yes' link next to the Location Data label and choose a folder to save the resulting location information into. We recommend using the Desktop as it makes it easier to find the resulting KML file. Once you have extracted the location data, go to your Desktop (or whatever location you chose to save the data into) and then double-click the Locations.KML file. This will open Google Earth and import your iPhone location information. Once within Google Earth you will see the iPhone location information as a series of yellow pins. Move around the map, zooming in as appropriate to find the location you are interested in. Click a pin to see the date and time the iPhone stored that location. Do bear in mind that the iPhone only updates the location data once or twice a day, so any dates and times are only approximate. That's all there is to it! We hope you've found this tutorial to be useful and that you aren't too alarmed by what you find when you start analysing your location data!
How to view iPhone location data using Google Earth
Your iPhone is watching you... An Italian excerpt from the complete guide to jailbreaking, for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV
Publique un comentario
Lost your iOS data?
Get everything back in just a few easy steps with
iPhone Backup Extractor
- iPhone data recovery - better experience and new features!
- Important update: iTunes backups are secure again in iOS 10.1
- iPhone Backup Extractor works with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- What’s the easiest way to retrieve deleted videos from iPhone or iPad?
- How to retrieve deleted photos from iPhone or iPad on iOS 10
- Recover your restrictions passcode for iPhones and iPads on iOS 10
- How to recover messages on iOS 10 in 4 easy steps from your iCloud account
- iPhone Backup Extractor now supports the latest iOS 10
- How To retrieve WhatsApp Messages from iPhone