The first developer version of iOS 10 was released by Apple last night, and it is now supported by the iPhone Backup Extractor.
The update offers a lot of features and improvements, but also a change in the storage mechanism used by iCloud backup data.
We're happy to announce that the newest iPhone Backup Extractor offers support for the latest iOS 10, no matter if the backup is an iTunes or an iCloud one.
How to retrieve data from an iOS 10 backup
Depending on the data you need to extract, you have two options:
- To recover the data from an iOS 10 iCloud backup file
- To get the data from an iOS 10 iTunes backup
How to download data from an iOS 10 iCloud backup
The data extraction from an iOS 10 iCloud backup is very simple as long as you use the iPhone Backup Extractor. The following instructions will guide you through the data extraction procedure:
- Download the iPhone Backup Extractor , install it on your computer and start it. For iOS 10 iCloud support you'll need a subscription.
- Go to the green button in the bottom of the left window and click on Add backups. Select the iCloud tab in the opened popup then choose the “Access iCloud backups for iOS 9 and above”. Click on Add then use your credentials to get access to your iCloud account.
- If you have the two-factor authentication enabled, you should use the following instructions. If you don't have your account protected with 2FA authentication, ignore this step.
- In the left window of the iPhone Backup Extractor, you'll see a list of devices associated with your iCloud account. Select the device from where you want to get the data then click on the cloud below the device name.
- In the right window, you'll see three available tabs: Categories, Individual Files, and Full Backup. Depending on the data you need to download, you can pick files, categories of files or the entire iOS 10 iCloud backup. Let's suppose you need to recover all the data from the iCloud. Select the Full Backup tab then click on the green Download button. The entire iCloud iOS 10 backup file is downloaded into your computer. Depending the backup size, the download process can take some time.
- Once the backup file is downloaded, you can access it with the iPhone Backup Extractor. To extract the files from your iOS 10 backup use the options mentioned in the procedure for iTunes iOS 10 backups, mentioned before: Overview, Preview, App View or Expert Mode. Choose a folder to recover your data and extract it on your computer.
How to extract data from an iOS 10 iTunes backup
If you have the latest iOS 10 installed on your iPhone, and you need to extract data from it to your computer using the iTunes, follow the next steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer then generate an iTunes backup.
- Download the iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows or Mac, depending on your operating system and install it on your computer.
- Once selected, you have four options available, to get the files downloaded on your computer:
- Start the iPhone Backup Extractor and take a look on the left tab. You'll see a list of the available iTunes backups. Select the backup file from where you want to extract the data.
- Click on Overview mode then select the data you need to recover. The blue letters near the available data categories are what you need to decide. Then you should choose a location where you want to extract the data from the iOS 10 backup file.
- Click on Preview mode then select the category you need to extract. You can preview the data available for extraction. Select the files, then click on Extract and choose a location for the files.
- Select App View mode then click on the app from where you want to retrieve your data. In the right window, you'll see the data available for extraction for the selected application. Click on blue letters to recover the data and select the extracted files location.
Click on Expert Mode then select the files you need to recover from your iTunes iOS 10 backup file. In this article, you'll find more about the files structure and the data available in the backup.
As you can see, recovering the data from an iTunes or an iCloud iOS 10 backup file is fast and simple if you use the iPhone Backup Extractor.
If you need additional data about the data extraction from an iTunes or an iOS 10 iCloud backup, our support team is ready to help.