iOS 4.2 finally brings the iOS 4 to the iPad
After weeks of rumours, Apple's new iOS 4.2 has finally been released, as reported first in TechCrunch. It means for the first time since its launch, the iPad is now on the same iOS version as all other devices.
Updating iOS 4.2 breathes new life to the iPad with these great new features
There is an extensive list of new features included in the iOS 4.2 update. Long-suffering iPad owners have had wait months to experience the feature-rich iOS 4 enjoyed by iPhone and iPod touch users. The wait is now over.
- Multitasking, switching between apps is now effortless
- Folders, a handy organiser on the iPhone but it will be indispensable on the iPad
- Global controls -- the same as the iPhone but bigger and better
- AirPrint was rumoured to have been dropped last week, but included for certain HP printers
- AirPlay: streaming HD video wirelessly from Apple TV
- "Find my iPhone / iPad" tracking, free
For the full list of new iOS 4.2 features on the iPad go to the Apple site.
iOS 4.2 is also available on other devices
Although it's the iPad's big day, the update is available on the following compatible devices:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 2nd generation
- iPod touch 3rd generation
- iPod touch 4th generation
Back up your iPad on iTunes, just in case...
Before you jump in and install the iOS 4.2 update to get all those nice features, sync & backup on iTunes.