This article was updated in September 2017
UPDATE: iPhone Backup Extractor fully supports iOS 11, iOS 10 and iPhone 7. If you found this article useful, and want to use it with your latest iOS 11 version, it works flawlessly.
How to access and download iCloud data with iPhone Backup Extractor
Hundreds of millions of iDevice users have been using iCloud to backup and keep data secure in the cloud, since 2011. Unfortunately, unlike iTunes backups, Apple made it very challenging to download or access the files stored in an iCloud backup. Actually only a few types of data can be easily viewed from iCloud.com. We're talking about contacts, calendar data, notes and reminders.
So what do you do with everything else? How can you recover your photos or videos from an iOS 10 or iOS 11 iCloud backup? Can you download your SMS and WhatsApp messages stored in an iCloud backup? Yes you can! Keep reading this post and we will show you how to save all your data stored in your iCloud backup, directly on your computer.
Is it possible to download an iCloud backup?
Not long ago, downloading iCloud backups was a very demanding task, especially for non-technical users. Our iOS experts have been working very hard on creating an easy way to download and recover data from any iCloud account.
We are very glad to announce that you can now save and retrieve your inestimable data stored in your iCloud backup, with the current version of the iPhone Backup Extractor. Yes, our new software application can now recover data from both iCloud and iTunes backups.
How to download data from iCloud?
When we created the latest version of the iPhone Backup Extractor, we wanted to make it accessible to everyone, no matter if you have technical knowledge or not. This is why downloading your iCloud backup is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
If you need to regain access to your Photos, Contacts, Calendar Appointments, SMS, Recordings, WhatsApp messages, Videos, Voicemail, Notes, Call history or even Application data, please follow these steps:
- Download iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac or for Windows
- Install the application on your PC or on your Mac. For iOS 10 and iOS 11 iCloud support, you’ll need a subscription plan which includes iCloud support. Notice that the iPhone Backup Extractor is fully compatible with the latest iOS 11 versions, including beta.
- Click on the blue iCloud button and login using your credentials. Select your iPhone’s operating system using one of the options you have.
- Once logged in, from the drop down menu, you can select the device from which you want to recover data. If you want to download and recover only some specific type of data from your iCloud backup, click on 'Select data categories'. You can choose to download only your images or messages for example. Click on the download button and be patient while the iPhone Backup Extractor downloads your iCloud data.
- After the download is complete, you can extract the data downloaded, by clicking on the Extract link from the left side of each data category. Take the screenshot below for example. To retrieve the photos stored in this iCloud backup, click on 'Extract 42'.
- There's no step 6. We told you that this is going to be very easy. You can recover all your iCloud data in just five easy steps.
Do you use iCloud to backup your iPhone or iPad? Let us know your experience with iCloud backups in the comments section below. If you have any questions or you encounter any problems while recovering your data from iCloud, don't hesitate to contact us.