- Support for all WhatsApp and iOS versions
- Can be used with both iTunes and iCloud backups
- Messages can be previewed before extraction
- Recover only the WhatsApp messages you need
- Recover photos and videos
- Export data as HTML and .CSV
- Works for stolen or lost iPhones
1. Download the iPhone Backup Extractor and connect it to the iCloud
Download and install the latest version of the iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows or Mac. Click on the "+" button to open "Preferences".
Select the iCloud tab and add your credentials to authenticate with your account.
For iCloud support you will need a subscription plan. Use the Premium plan if you need to obtain data from 5 devices or less.
2. Select the iCloud backup and download it
From the left tab, select the iCloud backup containing WhatsApp messages, videos, and images.
You will need to use a backup file generated before the data was deleted in WhatsApp.
From ”Categories” check the “WhatsApp” tab and start downloading the backup.
3. Extract and recover WhatsApp data
Once downloaded, the contents of your iCloud backup can be easily previewed using the "Preview" tab.
Select the downloaded backup and click on “WhatsApp” in “Overview”. Choose to recover your messages as HTML files and find a location for data extraction. That’s it!
Attached images and videos are extracted in a separate “Data” folder. HTML files can be opened with any modern web browser.
1. For deleted WhatsApp data, use older backups generated before the data was deleted
2. For most recent data, back-up your current files before starting the data extraction process
3. If you need to preview your files, simply got to the "Preview" tab
4. For iCloud accounts protected with an additional 2FA support, use this guide.
You are currently learning about recovering and extracting WhatsApp messages and attachments from iCloud and iTunes backups.
Can we suggest other useful guides? iPhone Backup Extractor can be used for other specific data recovery including videos, images, iMessages, Notes, and any other iPhone data.
See what our software can retrieve for you.