Wednesday morning, San Francisco - Apple revealed the awaited and rumoured next generation of iPad that they called it literally – The New iPad. So, after enjoying the Apple Keynote Event, here is a short summary about The new iPad and its features. Most of them were no surprise to us, but some great upgrades to look forward to.
The new iPad Features
- “A5X” chip. The X is for “quad-core graphics” - Translated this means Dual-core CPU, Quad-core GPU
- Retina display – 2048-by-1536 resolution, 44% greater colour saturation, and 3.1 million pixels - in the same 9.7-inch space
- 5-megapixel iSight camera, using some of the same tech that's in the iPhone 4S camera. Includes face detection too
- HD video recording - full 1080p HD, just like on the iPhone 4S
- 4G LTE connectivity - 42MBits/sec
- Dictation – talking, the new typing
- Battery life - 10 hours of battery and 9 hours of battery life when on 4G
- Size: 9.4mm and 1.4 pounds
- Price: same as before, starting at Ł399 ($499) for the base 16GB model - iPad2 will now be Ł329 ($399, $100 cheaper). The base 4G LTE model starts at Ł499 ($629)
- Available from March 16th – pre-orders already started in US, UK, Canada, Japan and some other countries too
iPhone Backup Extractor Software works with the new iPad iTunes backups
Many of you started pre-ordering or think on ordering a new iPad. That's cool, and remember that the iPhone Backup Extractor Software works with The new iPad backups created locally (ships with iOS 5.1 currently).
Are you keen to own The New iPad? 4G LTE, Retina display, iSight camera, HD video recording, Dictation, Facebook integration, they all sound pretty good, don't they? Or are you looking at purchasing an iPad 2 or something else cheaper?