Who doesn't love a good video? No matter the occasion - your 20th birthday, band recordings, pranks, showing off your new apartment to friends, or documenting your research project - videos capture life moments as they happen.
And sometimes videos do disappear. Most likely, you've deleted them by mistake, or someone else did. You might have lost them after an update. Regardless, here's the easiest way to get them back.
Deleted videos can be recovered either from an iTunes or from an iCloud backup.
Get back lost videos from iTunes
This method works for any iTunes backup, encrypted or unencrypted, and for any iOS version, including iOS 9 and iOS 10.
- Once you discover that you lost your videos, make an encrypted or unencrypted iTunes backup. If you have an older backup, and want to avoid overwriting it, make a copy of your older iTunes backup, before generating a new one.
- Download, install and open the iPhone Backup Extractor. The Lite version will help you extract four files. For more files, consider upgrading to a Basic subscription.
- Select the iTunes backup which is most likely to contain deleted videos.
- In "Overview" mode you'll see a list with different options. "Videos" is what you need, so click on it and choose to get back your video files grouped by albums or individually. Select a folder to retrieve your videos to and click confirm.
You will get back your deleted videos in your chosen folder. Notice that if you choose to get the files grouped by album, you'll find a directory labeled "Recently deleted" in the extraction folder. This is the place where you'll find all your deleted videos from your iPhone or iPad.
Get back lost videos from iCloud
If you have an iCloud account and an automatic backup system active on your iPhone or iPad, we have good news for you. You can get back deleted videos from any iCloud backup (even from iOS 10 devices), as long as the data is not overwritten.
If you have recently deleted your files, immediately disconnect your iPhone or iPad from the Internet to stop iCloud from creating a new backup. This is especially important if you know you've added new large files after deleting the videos or if you've made any big changes since the files have been removed. Then download an iCloud backup on your computer, which will be used to retrieve your lost videos.
Now you're ready to retrieve your lost videos from an iCloud backup:
- Download the iPhone Backup Extractor from this page, then install it and open it. For iCloud support, you'll need a subscription plan, available here. The Premium plan is a good start.
- In the app, add an iCloud account and enter your credentials. If you have a device with two-factor authentication activated, use these instructions.
- Once connected to your iCloud account, you'll notice on the left side a list of iTunes backups from your computer and the iCloud devices associated with your account. Click on the backup with your recently deleted videos or a backup generated before the files were removed. Select your iCloud device then choose which data you need to retrieve. From the "Categories" tab, select "Videos" and click on the download button. Depending on your files size, it can take a few minutes to download and extract all of them.
- Once your videos are downloaded, you can use the backup file to get back its content on your computer. Select the downloaded iCloud backup file then, in "Overview" mode click on "Videos", and choose how and where you need to recover your data. If you need to view your deleted videos in a separate folder, decide to extract them grouped by albums and confirm the action.
That's it! Your deleted videos are safely retrieved on your computer. All you need is your backup and the iPhone Backup Extractor.
Have you tried our method to get your lost videos back and found it useful? Share your story with us.
Lassen Sie uns auch Ihnen helfen. Arbeitet einwandfrei auf Mac & Windows