Photos and images are probably the most personally relevant and perhaps cherished types of files we make, share and enjoy viewing with a phone. We take them with various applications as well, like Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp, Prisma, and we save them on our phone or in the app itself. There are thousands of ways in which you can take, edit, store or share pictures. According to some stats we take 4 trillion pictures every day.
However, we lose sight of how easy it is to just lose or delete our pictures in an instant. Sometimes you delete an app, sometimes you lose your phone, sometimes you try to make more space, and delete old photos by mistake. I’ve personally been there a few years ago. It happens all the time, to everybody. Some of you are looking for ways to undelete or get back photos an iPhone right now. Or maybe you’re trying to help someone get them back.
Good news, we have a solution.
The iPhone Backup Extractor can recover photos from iOS iTunes and iCloud backups, even if the backup file is encrypted or corrupted. (including the latest iOS 11)
You have two options: you can get your pictures back from iTunes, if you have a local backup, or you could use your iCloud account.
Get back lost photos from an iOS 10 iTunes backup
This method helps you get back images from any encrypted (password protected) or unencrypted iOS 10 iTunes backup:
- Download and install the iPhone Backup Extractor, then open it.
- Make sure you have an iTunes backup on your computer. If you have images that you have deleted and an older iTunes backup on your computer, don’t make any new backup because the files could be overwritten and the pictures will be deleted forever. So, depending on the case, use an older backup or generate a new iTunes one.
- From the left side of the iPhone Backup Extractor, choose the iTunes file from where you need to extract your photos. On the right side, you’ll see a list of options. In “Overview”, click on “Photos” and choose where you want your images to be recovered. Notice that you’ll need a license if you want to get back more than four images or if the iOS 10 iTunes backup is encrypted.
- You’ll be asked how you want the images to be extracted: grouped or not. Make a choice and wait until your pictures are recovered. Your SMS, WhatsApp, Kik and Hike attachments are also extracted if you use this method.
How to get back photos from an iOS 10 iCloud backup
If your iPhone or iPad is associated with an iCloud account, and you have a backup plan activated, your images should be safe. But what will happen when you delete some important pictures by mistake? Can you still get them back? If the pictures have been recently taken, you can extract them using the Photostream method, described here.
If you have deleted old images, you should disconnect your iPhone from the internet before any new iCloud backup synchronisation. This way, you’ll prevent any overwritten backup possibility. Using this method, you will have an older backup on Apple servers, with your deleted images, even the pictures were deleted from your iPad or iPhone.
To get your photos from an iOS 10 iCloud backup, follow the next steps:
- Access this link and get the iPhone Backup Extractor then install it on your computer.
- Open the application then connect to your iCloud account. To do this, use the green “Plus” button, then click on the “Add” option and use your password and username to get access to the iCloud. For iOS 10 iCloud support you’ll need one of our license types.
- From “Categories” tab, select “Images” then click on the “Download” button. The data from the iCloud is downloaded on your default iTunes backup folder.
- Once the data is downloaded, you can use the iPhone Backup Extractor to manipulate the files like from a local iTunes backup. In “Overview” mode, click on “Photos” and choose a folder where you want to get your images. The data was already downloaded on your computer, so in a matter of seconds, all your photos will be back.
Have you ever deleted your iPhone or iPad photos by mistake? Have you tried our methods? Use the comments form below, and tell us how did you manage your deleted photos recovery. If you need additional assistance, our support team is ready to guide you.
Lassen Sie uns auch Ihnen helfen. Arbeitet einwandfrei auf Mac & Windows