Have you upgraded your primary iPhone or iPad to iOS 8 a little too early and realized it contains too many bugs, and it's not yet stable? Most of the time, the beta versions are fairly buggy, and they are released mainly for developer testing, and not for primary usage.
While Apple will tell you that you can't downgrade from a beta to an earlier versions of iOS, this is not actually true.
If you've had enough with the iOS 8 and you want to downgrade your iPhone to the iOS 7, we will walk you through the steps you need to take.
Important to do before downgrading from iOS 8 Beta to iOS 7.1.1
- Before you start the downgrading process, backup your iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, you will lose all your data from while you were using the iOS 8. Connect your iDevice with iTunes and create a backup of your iOS 8. You'll be able to view and extract data from any iOS 8 backup by using the iPhone Backup Extractor, available for use on Windows or Mac OS X.
- Download the iOS 7.1.1 software for your device. The file is also called IPSW, and you can download it from Apple's Member Center. Other versions of iOS 7 might cause errors, so make sure you download iOS 7.1.1.
- Use the most recent version of iTunes - 11.2.2.
How to downgrade from an iOS 8 beta to iOS 7.1.1
The easiest way to downgrade from any iOS beta version is to use an IPSW file. Steps to bring back the iOS 7.1.1 to your iPhone or iPad:
1. Download the iOS 7.1.1 IPSW firmware file from the developer portal. Make sure you download the version appropriate for your device.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 to your computer using the USB cable.
3. Launch the latest version of iTunes.
4. From the top right side of iTunes, select your device. Go to the summary tab, and you'll see the 'Update' button. Hold down the Shift key (on Windows) or Option key (on Mac) and click the 'Update' button.
5. Select the IPSW firmware file you downloaded earlier. iTunes will now install iOS 7 on your device. Your iPhone or iPad will reboot, and once done you should be back on iOS 7.1.1 again.
How to recover data from an iOS 8 iTunes backup
If you want to get your data back from your iOS 8 backup, you can do it with the help of iPhone Backup Extractor. Our software application is compatible and works with any iOS 8 Beta iTunes backup and it can easily recover contacts, photos, calendar data, SMS, MMS, WhatsApp messages, notes, voice mails, call history and more. Read more about iOS 8 data recovery on our How To Recover Data from an IOS 8 backup.
If you need help or have questions, we have a great expert support team willing to assist you. Just contact us at any time, and we'd love to help.
How was your iOS 8 experience? What made you downgrade to iOS 7?
Lassen Sie uns auch Ihnen helfen. Arbeitet einwandfrei auf Mac & Windows