iOS 8 Beta has been recently released and if you have a developer account, you can install and check Apple's new mobile operating system. After last week's announcement, we were pretty impressed with iOS 8. If you are just excited as we are, you'll want to know how to install iOS 8 Beta on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
Visually, iOS 8 is not very different but it brings some the most important changes since iOS 2, including third-party widgets in Notification Center, interactive notifications, touch ID for all applications and apps that can talk to each other.
So, do you want to be the first on the block with iOS 8? Great, keep reading our guide on how to install iOS 8 Beta and you'll be up and running in just a few steps.
Important things to know before installing iOS 8 Beta
Before you jump to the installation process, be sure to backup all data on your iDevice using the latest iTunes version. Any upgrade or downgrade of iOS can lead to data loss. The Beta versions often come with bugs, and you are advised to proceed at your own risk.
It's also important to know that once you update your device to iOS 8 Beta you can not restore to earlier versions of iOS. You'll be able to access all data from your iTunes backup using the iPhone Backup Extractor.
iOS 8 Beta supports iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, iPod Touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air and iPad mini.
Register your iPhone in the Member Center
To download iOS 8 Beta, you must have a developer account or register on Apple's website by paying an annual membership of $99. Before installing iOS Beta, you need to register your device in the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles area of Member Center.
1. To register your device you need to find your UDID (Unique Device Identifier) using iTunes or Xcode on Mac.
How to find the UDID using iTunes
a. Connect your iDevice and launch iTunes.
b. Select your device.
c. On the Summary tab, click on the Serial Number label to reveal the 40 character UDID string.
d. Right click and then choose Copy.
How to find the UDID using Xcode
a. Connect your iDevice and launch Xcode on Mac
b. Go to the Organizer and select your device
c. Highlight and copy the UDID string.
2. Now with the UDID copied, login to Apple's Member Center and click the 'Devices' link under iOS Apps.
3. Click the '+' symbol to register.
4. Give your iDevice a name and paste your Unique Device Identifier copied from iTunes or Xcode
5. Click continue and confirm your entry to complete the registration process.
Download and Install iOS 8 Beta on your iPhone with Windows or Mac
To install iOS 8 Beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you need to use the latest released version of iTunes (11.2.2). If you don't have it installed, you can download it from Apple's website. These are the steps you need to follow to download and install iOS 8 Beta on your iPhone, iPod or iPad:
- Download iOS 8 Beta from the iOS Developers Center.
- Unzip the iOS 8 Beta zip file.
- Connect your iDevice via USB cable to your computer and launch iTunes.
- In iTunes, select your device from the top right corner.
- From the summary tab, hold down the Shift key (on Windows) or Option key (on Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Select the iOS Beta software image (downloaded in step 1) and click open to being the installation.
- Your device will reboot after completing the iOS 8 beta installation. A network connection is required to complete the activation.
iPhone Backup Extractor works perfectly with iOS 8 iTunes Backups
The iPhone Backup Extractor helps you open and extract data from iOS 8 backups if you encounter any problems. Our application works with all iOS iTunes backups including iOS 8 and it's available for Windows and Mac OS X. The iPhone Backup Extractor helps recover any data from your iTunes backup, be it contacts, photos, calendar data, SMS, MMS, WhatsApp messages, notes and more.
We also have an expert support team waiting to answer iTunes backup questions of any kind. Want to recover data off iOS 8 iTunes backups? Try the iPhone Backup Extractor now with iOS 8 Beta iTunes backup support. And you can always give us a buzz, we're happy to help.
So how do you like the new iOS 8 so far? What features are you most excited about?
Lassen Sie uns auch Ihnen helfen. Arbeitet einwandfrei auf Mac & Windows