Wednesday morning, San Francisco: Apple has revealed the eagerly awaited next generation of iPad. They called it literally "The New iPad". After enjoying the Apple keynote event, here's a short summary of the new iPad and its features. Most of them were no surprise to us, but there are some great upgrades to look forward to.
- A5X chip. The X is for quad-core graphics: translated this means dual-core CPU, quad-core GPU
- Retina display -- 2048-by-1536 resolution, 44% greater colour saturation, and 3.1 million pixels - in the same 9.7-inch space
- 5-megapixel iSight camera, using some of the same tech that's in the iPhone 4S camera, includes face detection too
- HD video recording - full 1080p HD, just like on the iPhone 4S
- 4G LTE connectivity - 42MBits/sec
- Dictation -- talking, the new typing
- Battery life -- 10 hours of battery and 9 hours of battery life when on 4G
- Size: 9.4mm and 1.4 pounds
- Price: same as before, starting at £399 ($499) for the base 16GB model - iPad2 will now be £329 ($399, $100 cheaper). The base 4G LTE model starts at £499 ($629)
- Available from March 16th -- pre-orders already started in US, UK, Canada, Japan and some other countries too
Don't forget, iPhone Backup Extractor already works with backups created by this new iPad.