Apple announced its iOS 5.1 on 7th of March at the Keynote Event in San Francisco just before unveiling the new iPad. Now, we can officially update our iOS to the lastest iOS 5.1 containing useful improvements and bug fixes.
iOS 5.1 update includes
- Language support for Siri has been extended to include Japanese
- The option to delete Photos from Photo Stream
- Visibility for Camera shortcut on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch - Camera face detection highlights all detected faces
- Camera app for iPad has been redesigned and improved
- iTunes Match subscribers will enjoy now Genius Mixes and Genius playlists
- Audio for TV programmes and films optimisation for iPad - you will get a louder and clearer sound
- Playback speed Podcast controls and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Bugs affecting battery life have now been resolved
- Fixes the bug causing audio to drop for outgoing calls
How to update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the latest iOS 5.1
If you have difficulties updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the latest iOS 5.1 or you just need a short guide to follow just in case, here are the steps you need to follow.
iPhone Backup Extractor works with iOS 5.1 iTunes backups
The iPhone Backup Extractor supports ALL iOS up to iOS 5.1. All iDevices are always supported.
Have you tried yet the new iOS 5.1, has it improved that dread battery drain issue for you? Has it caused an issues or problems installing? We are keen to see your feedback on the iOS 5.1 update below.