Apple announced iOS 5.1 on 7th of March at the keynote in San Francisco just before unveiling the new iPad.
iOS 5.1 includes the following
- Bugs affecting battery life have now been resolved
- Visibility for Camera shortcut on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch - Camera face detection highlights all detected faces
- Camera app for iPad has been redesigned and improved
- The option to delete Photos from Photo Stream
- Language support for Siri has been extended to include Japanese
- iTunes Match subscribers will enjoy now Genius Mixes and Genius playlists
- Audio for TV programmes and films optimisation for iPad - you will get a louder and clearer sound
- Playback speed Podcast controls and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Fixes the bug causing audio to drop for outgoing calls
How to update your device to iOS 5.1
iPhone Backup Extractor supports all iOS versions and devices, including iTunes backups from iOS 5.1.
If you have difficulties updating to the iOS 5.1 or you just need a short guide to follow just in case, here are the steps you need to follow.