It's only 2 months to the day since Apple fans got their hands on the iOS 5.1 update and Apple has released an iOS 5.1.1 patch. It's only a small increment for iOS 5, but it shows Apple is paying attention to users complaints and fixing iOS bugs.
iOS 5.1.1 Update Includes:
- HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut - Improved reliability
- The new iPad switching between 2G and 3G networks - fixed bug
- AirPlay video playback - fixed bug
- Syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List - improved reliability
- “Unable to purchase” alert displayed after successful purchase - fixed bug
iPhone Backup Extractor Software works with iOS 5.1.1 iTunes backups
Don't forget to backup safely before updating to the latest iOS 5.1.1. just in case something goes wrong. This way you'll be covered as the iPhone Backup Extractor works with ALL iOSes up to iOS 5.1.1.
Update your iDevice to iOS 5.1.1 Now
If you want to take advantage of these bugs fixes and improvements go ahead, plug in your iDevice and click “Software Update” tab under “General Settings”. This should bring a new software to your iDevice. If you have difficulties updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the latest iOS 5.1.1 here's a short guide to follow to successfully update your iDevice. Also, you can read more about Apple security updates here.
We're glad to see now that the annoying “Unable to purchase” warning has gone from the Appstore, what about you? What real improvements have you noticed? We all remember that battery life problems so have you had problems updating or seen something strange at this latest update?