Wednesday morning, San Francisco - Apple have revealed the awaited and rumoured next generation of iPad that they called it literally – The New iPad. So, after enjoying the Apple Keynote Event, here is a short summary about The new iPad and its features. Most of them were no surprise to us, but some great upgrades to look forward to.
- “A5X” chip. The X is for “quad-core graphics” - Translated this means Dual-core CPU, Quad-core GPU
- Retina display – 2048-by-1536 resolution, 44% greater colour saturation, and 3.1 million pixels - in the same 9.7-inch space
- 5-megapixel iSight camera, using some of the same tech that's in the iPhone 4S camera. Includes face detection too
- HD video recording - full 1080p HD, just like on the iPhone 4S
- 4G LTE connectivity - 42MBits/sec
- Dictation – talking, the new typing
- Battery life - 10 hours of battery and 9 hours of battery life when on 4G
- Size: 9.4mm and 1.4 pounds
- Price: same as before, starting at Ł399 ($499) for the base 16GB model - iPad2 will now be Ł329 ($399, $100 cheaper). The base 4G LTE model starts at Ł499 ($629)
- Available from March 16th – pre-orders already started in US, UK, Canada, Japan and some other countries too
iPhone Backup Extractor Software works with the new iPad iTunes backups
Many of you started pre-ordering or think on ordering a new iPad. That's cool, and remember that the iPhone Backup Extractor Software works with the new iPad backups created locally (ships with iOS 5.1 currently).