iOS 6 Beta is here so if you would like to test its marvellous new features and you don't know how to do that on your Windows PC, we have a solution for you - use our DMG Extractor software! But, firstly, let's see the compatible iDevices.
What are the iOS 6 Beta compatible iDevices?
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch 4th generation
- iPad 2
- The New iPad
Upgrade your iDevice to iOS 6 Beta
Registered developers can update from Apple’s Dev Center. The Apple's developer program price is $99 per yearly membership. Here are the steps that you need to follow after you got your hands on the iOS 6 Beta file in order to upgrade your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- IMPORTANT 1: Before you do anything you must make a working backup, and we suggest making a copy of the backup just in case
- IMPORTANT 2: Make sure you are aware of the risks in loading a beta iOS to your iDevice
- IMPORTANT 3: We advise you only carry out this procedure if you fully understand what you are doing and are able to roll-back what you have done easily
- IMPORTANT 4: You need a developer account to register your device UDID so you can upgrade successfully (unless you have a non-UDID specified download).
- Download the iOS 6 beta DMG file and just extract the content with our DMG Extractor software - it should only take seconds.
- After extraction make note of your IPSW file that you’ll be needing to upgrade your iPhone, iPod or iPad device
- Open up iTunes, Click Shift and choose "Restore".
- Select your iOS 6 IPSW file that you extracted with the DMG Extractor
It's highly important that you create a backup before starting this process, so in case something goes wrong you'll be covered. Don't forget that iOS 6 is still in beta and it will be buggy, but you can always downgrade back.
iPhone Backup Extractor works with iOS 6.0 Beta 1 iTunes backups
We have already tested and we're glad to announce you that our iPhone Backup Extractor software works with iOS 6 iTunes backups from all iDevices, so don't you worry just update your iPhone, iPod or iPad and enjoy the new iOS 6 Beta.
Have you already tried out the new iOS 6 features? Is the new Apple Maps app cool or what? What about Siri on iPAD, and is she smarter now with app integration?