16 Ways to Lose Your iPhone
iPhones being so popular, inevitably they have been lost in all sorts of bizarre ways. Here's a round-up of some of the funniest, most bizarre, and most famous.
1. Lose it but Create a Website to Get it Back
Taking inspiration from Clay Shirky, when Jen Reeves lost her iPhone, she created a website to help her get it back.
2. Lose Your iPhone to a Thief but Track it Down by GPS
Three geeks were at a Lego contest. One lost his iPhone. Together, using GPS, they tracked the thief down through the streets and finally confronted him. Read the story here.
3. Blend It
If losing your iPhone is too much trouble, why not just blend it?
4. Drop it in the Toilet
Or you could drop it in the toilet.
5. Drop it in your Drink
Or in your drink.
6-15. Lose it and Make a Bizarre Insurance Claim
Some people have even more bizarre stories. Here are 10 of the oddest claims received by an iPhone insurance company:
- I dropped it from a hot air balloon
- I lost it while sky diving
- It broke when my son used it as a table tennis racket
- I lost it while building a sand castle for the kids
- I accidentally buried it in the garden
- It fell into the kettle
- I dropped it in a food blender
- My dog mistook it for his favourite toy and chewed it to pieces
- Juice from a defrosting piece of meat leaked into it
- It flew out of the car window
16. Lose one of the Most Hyped Prototypes in the World Before it's Released to the Market
Lastly, a classic. Gray Powell, Apple Software Engineer, whilst out having a few drinks, lost a prototype iPhone 4 that later found its way into the hands of tech blog Gizmodo. A tad embarrassing. Full story here.
Do you know an unusual or amusing story of iPhone loss? Share it in the comments below!